Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Day 7, Museum day jinxed -so tattoo?

(Please see  Day 1-Why This Blog if this is your first time visit)
Art can be found where you least expect it. 
Day 7, Tattoo Parlor

LIttle Golden Books dares  one to  “express yourself and to try a new look.” A tatoo for me is trying something extreemly new and not keeping on the same path, which is the behavior Maslow says leads to Self- Actualization.
 The origin of Art is self - expression. Monday, I had my heart set on seeing a new art exhibit  but one(1)   block from my destination, it hit me like a brick, ALL MUSEUMS ARE CLOSED ON MONDAYS. Now what?  So as I aimlessly walked around the neighborhood of the museum, I saw a Tattoo establishment and  I thought,  “Tattooers” are called artist and to get a tattoo would be a momentous new look for me, therefore I ventured in.  (You might be wondering, did she do it? You will have to read on to find out.)

 
Reflection
When I think about getting a tattoo the  movie “Hangover 2” comes to mind where a
  guy in Vegas  wakes up the next morning with some crazy design  on his face.  Likewise, I think about the  TV show “Bad Ink”  where people try to get hideous tattoos changed.  However, before walking into the “tattooery”,  my friend completely surprised me by revealing her  “good ink”  on her lower back.
Sinners and Saints Tatto Place
Tattoo places always seemed  scary to me.  I never felt comfortable chatting with someone with a bunch of them all over their body . For one thing,  during a conversation, my eyes  wonder to their their arms, back, and neck etc., and  I can not fixate on their face. A person with that appearance made me nervous and so I   pensively entered. (My friend had already scattered). I was greeted by a very friendly guy who was happy to show me around. He could tell that I was a virgin and there was  no pressure to get one. The place was very colorful and clean and there were a lot of interesting designs to peruse.  
If I got one or not will be my little secret.  However before this challenge I would have said no way never!  Also I thought,  what an awful leach sucking memory it would have been if I had gotten one when it was suggested by "that person" in my past. But I can see now  that if it’s your choice, and done with a sound mind and thought, a tattoo is not like a cow brand but “it  can  define you  because it’s so permanent.”  (Quoted from another  Cyrano De Bergerac friend that fed me that line ).
Spiritual  Reflection
Live wisely among those who are not Christians, and make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be gracious and effective so that you will have the right answer for everyone. (Colossians 4:5-6)
You never know where you might be lead to go. Try not to judge a  person's heart just by their appearance. Likewise, try to go beyone your comfort zone and  go “outside” the church to show Gods love to others  by meeting people where they are.