Tuesday, April 3, 2018

April Preview of Events


Potted Potter –Byham Theater- Friday April 27 to April 29, 2018 



I always loved reading the Harry Potter books to my son. So many of my friends ran to get the first editions of each book enjoying  the magical world of the Potter series. Potted Potter is a parody that covers all 7 books in 70 minutes! This should be a cleaver adventure of laughs based on these beloved books.   


Join me at the Byham on a whimsical parody for Potter buffs of all ages.     For tickets go to https://trustarts.org/production/59276.

Blog Post to here 

Word Play- April 13-14, July 27-28, November 16-17, 2018- Bricolage Theater



The Bricolage Theater  is synonymous  with “adventurous theater”.  It  is a forum were art can be  pushed to new limits.   In the show WordPlay, actors, writers, and just ordinary people, tell their own stories with the injection of music.  This is grown- up storytelling with literally a spin as a  DJ spins real-time soundtracks during the dialogue. This should be an intimate experience as  these strangers  share their  lives.   

Join me for the creativity and intimacy of  WordPlay at the Bricolage Theater on Liberty Ave, Pittsburgh. For tickets go to Bricolagepgh.org. 
Blog Post to here

Midtown Men with the Pittsburgh Symphony- April 13 and 15, 2018-Heinz Hall



The Midtown Men are four original cast members from the hit Broadway show Jersey Boys.  They bring the music and style of the 1960’s to the stage. I can’t wait to experience a little Beach Boys, Beatles, Motown, and more, as they harmonize with  our award winning  Pittsburgh Symphony.  This should be a nostalgic night through the 60’s! (preview here)

Join me for a  little 60's nostalgia with the Midtown Men and the Pittsburgh Symphony at Heinz Hall. For tickets go to Pittsburghsymphony.org.
Blog Post here  




The Rangos Giant Cinema-Purple Rain (April 6 and 7, 2018), Amazon Adventure (April 1-17, 2018)


The Carnegie Science Center’s Rangos Giant Cinema is literally a giant theater. I have not viewed a movie on this  screen in many years but I recall that it was an immersive experience!

They recently started evening movies or “Hollywood Experiences”. This weekend they are showing the 80’s Prince film, Purple Rain. I have always loved Prince’s music and his performances were always  larger than life. A giant screen with high tech sound is the perfect place to experience a little (or should I say gigantic) Prince!
The Amazon Adventure is a 3D movie that chronicles Henry Bates’ 11- year exploration of the Amazon rain forest. I am sure this is going to be a fascinating journey through the forest and I can’t wait to be absorbed into the wonders of the Amazon  in this theater!

Join me this weekend for a new experience in  cinematography with Purple Rain and the 3D Amazon Adventure. For tickets go carnegiesciencecenter.org/rangos.


Blog Post to Follow 


Mummenchanz, You and Me- April 4, 2018-Byham Theater


Mummenchanz is a Swiss theater troupe that really thinks outside of the box. I saw them once in the 1980’s and I was amazed with their ability to use ordinary objects in very extraordinary ways. It was  a visual explosion of dance, acrobatics, mime, imagery, puppets, lights, props and more.  It’s something that you just have to see because Mummenchanz pushes the limits of imagination as they entertain and make you laugh. I have waited three decades to see them again and I can’t wait to experience their new  show, You and Me (preview here).


Join me for a unique entertainment experience  that is sure to be “creativity on steroids”.  For tickets go to TrustArts.org.
Blog Post to here