Monday, January 23, 2017

Day 189 Decades Rewind Music of 60’s, 70’s, 80’s-Your flashback memory


My blog inspiration book, Everything I Need to Know I learned from A Little Golden Book, reminds us to “sing, even if you can’t hold a tune.”  That is just what you can’t help doing   at the show Decades Rewind. It's a musical review of the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s. When you’re a child of these decades you know all the hit songs, you sing the words, you add a little dancing, and then bingo- you’re  in your own special flashback memory.     

Reflection
Singing  breeds  fun  and a song can  incite memories. My girlfriend and I  knew  the words to every  song in the show!  The 80’s, “Girls Just Want To Have Fun” transported me to Daytona Spring Break  at  a beach  karaoke contest where my  energy, not my singing, most likely won me a tee-shirt.  




The show opened in the 1980’s with  songs: Living On A Prayer (Bon Jovi), Jump (Van Halen), Uptown Girl(Billy Joel), Don’t Stop Believein (Journey), Thriller(Michael  Jackson), Call Me (Blondie),   Let’s Get Crazy(Prince) and I Will Always Love You (Whitney Huston).  Then moved to the 1970’s with Teenage Waste Land (Who), Whole Lot of Love (Led Zeppelin), 25 or 6 to 4 (Chicago), Heart Breaker (Pat Benatar) and more. There was a Disco Set, a Funk Set , and a Rock Set.  After intermission  some  1960’s were played; Hit The Road Jack (Ray Charles), a Woodstock revival, a Motown review and  a British Invasion with the Beatles and all the Freddie Mercury high notes in Bohemian Rhapsody.

The band kept up the energy adding brass and some tricky guitar playing.  You will have a blast as you sing and dance at Decades Rewind.  Check out this show if you can (see schedule) or get out some old cassettes,  or some vinyl,  and have a flashback memory.  

Decades Rewind is coming back to the Byham on May 5, 2018. For tickets Trustarts.org

 Spiritual Reflection
 Remember the things I have done in the past. For I alone am God! I am God,and there is none like me. (Isaiah 46:9)

Other sources