Monday, October 31, 2016

Day 173 Scarehouse-Happy Halloween



 I am a girl who sleeps with the lights on after  watching a scary movie and who turns her head during horror movie  TV clips. I must  be getting brave  in this empty nest period because this was my third annual Scarehouse visit. I wondered if this place would still give me that scare thrill. In case it did, I had friends join me for support this time.
He moved! Foggy
Reflection

I  wonder why we enjoy  that heart flutter adrenaline spark  when something unexpectedly jumps at us or when  the presumed mannequin is real and  moves toward you. I guess there is a dopamine rush that keeps us coming back for more.



Scarehouse produced it again with three new haunts: Infernal, Nocturnia and the Summoning.  They had 80 actors bring to life the movie set rooms. I still enjoy the first room where someone is designated the “chosen one,” (me again), and the creepy theater. I am amazed with the detail of each room and the smoky haze throughout the house gives it a dream like atmosphere. The fog also hides the actors for the scare!

 Still clutching as I walk through

Scareshouse claims to also house real sprits in the historic building built in 1915. It was a bank, an employee club with a pool, a bowling alley, and a restaurant, and an Elks lodge from 1920 to 2006.  The building has a rich history  just  like the Whaley House that I visited in California where this skeptic got a ghost picture (see Day 103 ).  Scarehouse also offers  paranormal investigation events  but I don’t think I am quite brave  enough for that new experience.  (For the brave, there is a investigation event on  Nov 5th.)

Other sources
http://www.scarehouse.com/