Friday, October 14, 2016

Day 169 Pittsburgh Winery/romantic, interesting music and wine-Mutlu


Pittsburgh Winery stage
My blog inspiration book, Everything I Need to Know I Learned From A Little Golden Book, reminds us to, “be adventurous”.  I felt adventurous when I tried,  the  Pittsburgh Winery, which is an urban winery located Pittsburgh's strip district.  Urban wineries do not grow grapes but import them. Thus they have  a variety  of grapes  to make the wine.   The Pittsburgh Winery  offers an opportunity to sample good  wine, and hear national artists  in an intimate setting.  
 
Wine was quite good and the owners/staff are really friendly
Reflection
I was looking for someplace unique to entertain my friend from out of town.  I was successful with the  Pittsburgh Winery.  Wine and music are always a good combination in my book, but I really enjoyed  the atmosphere  and the quality of the music at this place.   Entering,  you proceed to  the  basement of an  architecturally  interesting  old bank building. It opens into a softy lit room with wine barrel tables, local art on the walls, and an intimate music stage. You can bring your own food, (we brought sushi), get one of their bottles of wine, and listen to good music. 
Mutlu
We saw Mutlu. I had never heard of this singer but I took a chance when  he was described as having a  jazzy,  bluesy, soulful sound.  He could really reach the higher octaves  when singing Prince's, "You Don't Have to Be Beautiful".   Everyone was ready to "get caramelized"   when he broke into the bluesy song, Caramel . The audience in unison rhythmically began to spell - C-A-R-A-M-E-L. It was so fun! (Don't miss  Mutlu.He  will be back in February).
It is  easy to enjoy music  when the sound is, "up close and personal."   I  felt like  I was in a NYC or Chicago club, or should I say, what I imagine one would be like.

The Pittsburgh Winery is staying in my survival tool box for great atmosphere, good wine, pure fun, and  the chance to explore an  interesting musical line up. (Winery Line up).
My friend and I. Silly is good!
 
Spiritual Reflection
Make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and then sink yourself into that. Don't be impressed with yourself. Don't compare your self to others (Galatians 6:4)

Other sources