Friday, August 15, 2014

Day 41, 42 Taiwanese and Thai experience




Nickki Thai Kitchen /Jacket from Boutique Day 40

 Everything I Need to Know I Learned from a Little Golden Book, invites us to experience some culture. I was able do a little of that with some authentic Taiwanese  food  at Everyday Day Noodle  in Squirrel Hill. Coincidentally two days later,  I found myself having Thai food at Nickki Thai Kitchen on the North Side of Pittsburgh.   Again this blog is  not going to turn into a  Trip Advisor food blog because  I can’t hold a candle to a friend on this site known  as “Twistedintheburg” who has over 40 thousand followers!  
Katie and I at Every Day Noodle

Everyday Noodle/filling noodles
Actually, the real reason for going to Everyday Noodle, was that a friend that I had not seen in a year, invited me to experience what she said was a true Taiwan food experience and this was new for me.  Nikki Thai Kitchen had an awesome patio,great foliage, unique statues, I had great company, and the food was very good which made it more atmosphericHowever,  I preferred the food at Everyday Day Noodle, even though both were great places to have a cultural experience. 

Reflection
At Everyday Day Noodle  you can watch them make the noodles. However, my enjoyment was fueled by my friend’s desire for me to have this experience. It was such a treat to relax and have her  do  all the food ordering. She explained that the chefs were from Taiwan and that they made the correct thin type of noodles.  The place is known for the pork dumplings and she instructed that ginger placed in soy sauce on top of them enhances the flavor. She was correct, they were thin and the pork was delicious.  We also had baby bok choy which is a vegetable with beans on top, a noodle dumpling soup, and sweet bean paste crisp pancakes for desert. It was a wonderful lunch.  
Pork Soup Dumplings, Baby Bok Choy

Patio at Nikki Thai Kitchen

Spiritual Reflections
Jesus replied, “The Most important commandment is this, ‘Here, O Israel! The Lord our God is the one and only Lord. And, you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind and all your strength.’ The second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as your self.’ No other commandment is greater than these” (Mark 12:29-31)

Loving the Lord and loving others sums it up. As my Daily Bread noted, there is “power in simplicity”

Other Sources

Nikki’s Thai Kitchen http://www.nickysthaikitchen.com/