Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Day 40 Upscale Consignment


On my way back from a delicious lunch, I stumbled on Designer Days Boutique, an upscale consignment store in Squirrel Hill. I have frequented garage sales, flea markets, and thrift stores but never a consignment store that had quality and prices like Nordstroms. I love a good bargain so in I went. 



 
Reflection
This place had Fendi, Gucci, Prada and Chanel, which is not that impressive to me because I am “usually” not a label type of girl. However, I can still remember at 18  being in  a really fancy upscale  boutique in Miami, and  trying on a Chanel red suit which cost $5000 back then!  I thought, “I want one of these some day.” Needless to say, I still  don’t own anything Chanel  but as I careened through the store,  I thought, “maybe this will be my chance!”  
Chelsa and Melanie checking out the blog  
 The best part of the experience was being treated like a queen. The sales staff were so friendly and helpful but not pushy and they had no problem with me going straight  to the back of the store to look for at the 50% off rack first. That’s my  modus operandi .Boy  am I glad that I did because I found a beautifully different Italian jacket and shoes that fit like a glove and now I am excited to go out and show them off! (see Day 41, 42 for the Jacket)

Spiritual Reflection
And why worry about your clothes? Look at the lilies and how they grow. They don’t worry or make their clothing.  Yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as beautifully as they are. And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won’t he more surely care for you?.. (Mat 6:28-30)
Faith in God diminishes worry.
But they (disciples) didn’t answer, because they had been arguing about which of them was the greatest….then he said, “Anyone who wants to be the first must take last place and be the servant of everyone else.” (Mark 9:35 and 36)
Sometimes  we overvalue position but to serve others is what we are called to strive to do.
Other Sources

www.DESIGNERDAYSBOUTIQUE.com

Boutique blog at http://designerdaysboutique.blogspot.com/