Friday, October 2, 2015

Day 140 Gallery Crawl

Architectural show

I love to walk on a warm autumn night and I love art so a Gallery Crawl is the perfect combination of both things. The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust sponsors them a few times a year. Even though I was  sidetracked by my Burgatory milk shake (see Day 139), I managed to catch the last few hours of the  latest  Gallery Crawl  last weekend.
Liberty Ave dance party



Reflection
The city comes alive during a Gallery Crawl.  There were so many people in the city enjoying this free event.  A map directs you to various exhibit destinations. The restaurants  had specials, and there was entertainment throughout.  Part  of  Liberty  Avenue was transformed into a pulsating light flashing  Indi DJ street dance party-what fun!  (Bhangra Dance Group/DJ Rekha)


I enjoyed the architectural exhibit which  showcased  building transformations. I love the reality TV home rehab shows so this show was right up my ally and they offered  free drinks to enjoy as you walked though the exhibit!

We ran out of time so we missed a lot but there is always next year. Keep a look out for the next Gallery Crawl (usually  four (4) a year). It is a great way to explore the city on warm evening in Pittsburgh.


Spiritual Reflection
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.
(Romans 12:2)

Other Sources
Gallery Crawl crawl.trustarts.org.