Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Day 139 Burgatory Milk Shakes

Caramel Pretzel Shake


Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs
I have to admit that  I am an ice cream junkie even though I  don’t have much of sweet tooth.  Plain old vanilla has always been my downfall . Give me a  good vanilla shake  and  I am in heaven.  When I heard that the new chain, “The Burgatory,” had  great milk shakes, I was on a mission to try them.  I am sure that Maslow was not thinking about  ice cream   when he described man’s physiological needs (food and shelter) at the bottom of his ascending pyramid to reach self- actualization but since this is my   blog, milk shakes  are on the path to the top.  





Reflection
 They had such a variety of shakes that at first I did not know which one to order.  I had hoped for a rice pudding shake which a friend had tried  but  I learned that every week the Burgatory  has a  featured   shake and  much to my dismay, it was not the rice pudding week. The coffee and donut shake was the special but that did not  sound too appealing, so I opted  for “Caramel Pretzel.” The Buragtory  shake sure did deliver.  It was a huge satisfying mix of YUMMY  with  mounds and mounds of ice cream and whip cream.  You can get them plain or spiked- either way it’s a pure delight!

The burgers  can  be made to order and it was fun trying a different meat like elk. You can layer it up or keep it simple. If you are not a meat eater they have a crab cake burger too. We went to the newest Burgatory on the North Shore  and had hardly any wait time for our table. Sitting outside on  another warm night, with  my shake in one hand and  my burger in the other and with good friends, it  was a fun Friday night warm up for the Gallery Crawl (coming up in the next blog).  

 I will surely be back for another shake soon!

Spiritual reflection
If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land (Isaiah 1:19)

Other Sources