Thursday, August 20, 2015

Day 133 Relax at Deep Creek, MD



As autumn starts to approach, I savor the last days of summer.  Sunny days are ones  to celebrate not only because fall is just around the bend, but because  it seemed like Pittsburgh was a rain forest with endless days of precipitation this summer ( see Day 120, Raining so Classic Movies in HD ). Everything I Need to Know I Learned from a Disney Golden Book reminds us that, “Magic is all around us” and last weekend, relaxing at Deep Creek with good friends was just that-magical.



Reflection
I visited Deep Creek for the first time last year with my son (see Day 24-26, A Lake Person Now- Deep Creek,)  but taking a  spur of the moment  weekend trip alone was a new empty- nest experience.  My dear friend enjoys  entertaining at her gorgeous lake house and we experienced a relaxing day on the dock as we watched boats, talked and swam.  The clouds looked like they were painted in the clear blue ski giving rise to a picture perfect day-a magical day.

As I start back to work, (I work in the school system), this weekend  was like a great ending to a fantastic  book. Sometimes it is just good to do nothing and enjoy the beauty of nature and friendship. On the  drive home I felt  content and grateful that my summer was filled with so many lasting summer memories and times spent with friends and family

Relaxation and rest  is magical, refueling  us for any task ahead. I am thankful to my friend for this weekend and  her friendship. 


Spiritual Reflection
“…I have told you this so  that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world” (John 17:33)

Other Sources