Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Day 120 Raining so Classic Movies in HD



The Birds

Its been raining and overcast for almost two (2 )weeks in Pittsburgh! Like a leaking  faucet  it just keeps drizzling-ah!!   When there is a  patch of sun I run outside and try to soak it up but then a few hours or  minutes later, gray clouds show up emptying participation on my picnic, walk, or bike ride. So this weekend with the perpetual outside grayness I  gave into the suggestion of  Little Golden Books," to just do nothing"  like in Day 17, but this time I watched classic movies in high definition (HD).



Cigaret?

Reflection
My new  big TV was a gift. To get the full benefit of this gift, I broke open my piggy bank to get the extended cable and HD service - all  new experiences for this low tech girl.  I have not seen the classic  Hitchcock movie, The Birds,  since I was about ten (10).  The TV size and HD made  a vibrant difference.  I also notice how much life had changed since I first saw this film. First,  the lead actress was wearing a fur - a no no these days; they smoked in almost every scene- we now know the effects of smoking; and lastly, bourbon was offered  like coffee. The movie story which is basically - a women just meets a man then finds out where he lives, goes to his house, opens the unlocked door and leaves  him a note and some  "love birds, sounds like stalking or fatal attraction 101 to me!

Here comes the birds/look at that old fire truck

I must say that for an old movie the bird scenes were still suspenseful even if this time they were not as scary I remembered at age ten (10). Now we have Jurassic Park's special effects but the birds looked pretty real to me and the school scene was still creepy and eerie.  Way to go Hitchcock!

School Scene

So if the rain rain will not go away why not try a classic movie HD day?

Spiritual Reflection
When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?
(Psalm 56:3-4)