Friday, June 19, 2015

Day 117 Spinning Vinyl at The Brew Gentleman Brewery



The Brew Gentleman Beer Company


A friend of mine, who DJs records and  yes I said good old records, was spinning the vinyl sound of the Rolling Stones at a new microbrewery, The Brew Gentleman Beer Company.  The  music was the catalyst for my venture across town to Braddock, an area that I would not normally visit and to a place that I would would not normally  put on my to do list since I am not a  beer drinker or  even a drinker at all. I must admit however,  that this  place was really fun and had  the most unique beer  flavors that I had ever seen or sampled. 




Reflection
I am by no means a beer expert but this place had very innovative mixtures like : White Sky (Chai Spiced Wheat), Garden Party (Cucumber Wheat Beer), Lemondrop Saison. Ok, I listed the ones that I liked but they all were awesome!  My friend loved them so much that he took some Loose Seal (Modern Farmhouse Ale) home in jug. 


The place had a  rustic flair and the front opened like a garage. There is a room in the back where you can play board games  and another  room where you can  watch sports games on the biggest TV that I have ever seen.  There was a nice crowd and even a few  well behaved dogs were   just hanging out. The best part  of the brewery is that the first Saturday of the month DJ Wayne spins a  classic  collection of records  and tonight it was all Rolling Stones!
Vintage Vinyl DJ -Wayne Smith
They do not have food so eat before you go or go on a Saturday when several food trucks line up outside.  It is definitely a fun place and good place to try interesting beer flavors. 


Spiritual Reflection 
And people should eat and drink and enjoy the fruits of their labor, for these are gifts from God. (Ecclesiastes 3:13) 

Other Sources 
 The Brew Gentleman Company http://www.brewgentlemen.com/#home