Sunday, June 21, 2015

Day 118 Build a Puzzle with Dad




Today is Father’s Day, a day to let your parents know that you love and appreciate them. My father passed away when I was four (4) but I was lucky enough to have a stepfather at a young age. For Father’s Day, my  son and I brought my dad the "infamous blog  Jell-0 cake (see Day 3) and we built a puzzle.
Refection
Now I do not have the brain for puzzles. I have not tried to build one since my son was very young and back then I only attempted the ones with only 20 or so pieces. This one had 1000 pieces! My dad is naturally intelligent, and I guess my son has the same talent for puzzles because they found five(5) pieces to my  one (1). Some may say that it’s relaxing
to build a puzzle and I could see how it might be for some. As for me, I was  convinced that the piece that I was looking for  was not in the puzzle box just as my son or dad found it!


 I am not sure that I will keep puzzle building in my survival new experience tool box. I will however keep  spending time with my dad in there.
Dad and Me at age 4
Happy Father's Day to all dads!

Spiritual Reflection
The Lord is merciful and gracious; he is slow to get angry and full of unfailing love.
The Lord is like a father to his children, tender and compassionate to those who fear him.
(Psalm 103: 8 and 13)