Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Day 62-77 Blogging Paradox- Got too busy



(Oct  1 to 15) We all have a story to tell.
I took a hiatus from writing even though I stayed committed to trying new experiences. Consequently, I became so busy that I did not have the time to blog. What a conundrum when you don’t have time to write but crave it like a good piece of chocolate or better yet, a little loaf of fresh baked spongy soft Italian bread with butter-yum! 

Golden Books 1954
Therefore, the next few blogs will be reflections of the past  two weeks. The first  week   involved  fun stuff in Pittsburgh, and the next week involved traveling  the northern California coast, attending two weddings and also visiting Utah. The latter  resulted in moving almost every night and covering a lot of ground in five (5) days which gave  birth to another dilemma - finding a way to pack for varied climate changes. Girls, I know that you understand this paradoxical situation!  


Reflection
I have discovered that I love to blog! I love sitting like Buddha on the end of my couch with my laptop resting on my lap and reflecting  on the days adventures.  A friend of mine stated it well, “Reading your blog made me think about what I do in a week and I realized that I also do a lot of fun stuff". We all do great things and have great experiences with our family, friends and at work etc. All of our lives are adventures and sometimes we just need to take the time to reflect on our day. Heck, I have done almost everything recommended in the book that helped to motivate my blog- “Everything I Need to Know I Learned From a Little Golden Book.” Also,  I have gained a lot of experiences that are conducive to Maslow's theory of reaching the pinnacle of my potential. (See Day 1- Why This Blog ) 

Therefore, I challenge you reader to reflect on your own story in some way. It’s fun to tell a story or even better, to think that someone out there in cyber space might even be interested in what you have to say!   

Spiritual Refection
Then Jesus said, “Let’s get away from the crowds for a while and rest.” There were so many people coming and going that Jesus and his apostle didn’t even have time to eat. They left by boat for a quieter spot (Mark 6:31, 32).

We can get so busy that we forget to find a place to rest and reflect. Both of which are important  especially in our spiritual journey and in our daily life.