Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Convertible Joy Ride (Day 62-77)




Living in the north east,  where keeping warm in the winter is essential, and  where the amount of warm sunny days are limited to a few months , it  seemed  impractical  to own  a convertible even though my dream car has always been a SAAB  convertible (not sure if  they even make that car any more ). So  when I was in Northern California during my writing hiatus (Day 62-77),   I took a “joy ride” as Little Golden Books suggested, and cruised  the Pacific Coast Highway (Highway 1A) in a Red  Camaro.



Going north -view  on the right
Reflection
Usually on vacation,  I rent the cheapest compact car that I can get  because I am very practical  by nature. Therefore,  this  was a new challenge  and it was also new  for me to careen a windy highway in light of my fear that my motion sickness tendencies would  result in an embarrassing situation.



This ride was the antisense of my cousin’s van ride in Day 8, when I hoped that no one would recognize me. In the Camaro, I was waving to the world wearing a “Cheshire cat grin." With  the sun shining, the radio playing, the coast to my right,  and  my hair blowing,  I  felt like I was flying down the coast.  

View from Overlook on Highway 1A
 This was a truly  peaceful escape  and  the view from this car was fantastic.  I can see why some enjoy motorcycles so much!     I say go for the up grade and take a joy ride!
Spiritual Reflection  
View from Highway 1A
 "Come to me all you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, becasue I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden I give you is light:" ( Matthew 11:28-30)

Time with the Lord is the perfect restful escape.

Other Sources
Highway 1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_State_Route_1