Monday, September 1, 2014

Day 51 The Next Season/Mermaid




(Please read Day 1 if this is your first blog visit)

When summer is coming to an end, there is something special about soaking in the sun, enjoying the blue sky, and relaxing at the pool, especially when we know that it may possibly be the last pool day of the summer.  It is even  better to commiserate with another empty nester- my son’s girlfriend’s mom.   





This was a  day, as Little Golden Books recommends, to “savor the season”, celebrate it,  and look forward to the next one. As in Maslow’s theory,  this was also a day to continue the journey  into the next season.
Selfie taken with my Italian nose
Reflection
Splash
We had a fun and relaxing day with a lot of  laughs playing with the mermaid garb.   Maslow recommends that we stay childlike through- out our life and states that being spontaneous in thought and action  are both characteristics of a  self- actualized person- so that  is my excuse! Good thing our children were not there to embarrass.

The Little Mermaid summed it up, “What makes someone special? I suppose it depends, it’s what’s unique in each of us.” 


Spiritual Reflection
I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection! But I keep working toward that day when I will finally be all that Christ Jesus saved me for and want me to be. (Philippians 3:12)