Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Day 52 Stairway to Heaven



Pittsburgh steps -150 steps
Take our trials one step at a time.

Top Cascade Mt, NY 2012
Two years ago,  my son and I  climbed Cascade Mt  one of the 46 highest peaks(4098 ft) in the Adirondacks  in Lake Placid. Last  year  we navigated the steps and  streets in San Francisco but I have never ventured on the Pittsburgh City Steps.  Everything I Need to Know I Learned From A Little  Golden Book suggests that we "exercise every day". Therefore, I am  on a new mission to  tackle  the Pittsburgh city steps and maybe take part in the Fineview Step-A-Thon, which is  5 mile run/walk that explores 14 of  Pittsburgh's city steps on October 18th.  


Reflection 
I almost died but loved climbing in  Lake Placid and I really enjoyed hiking the streets of  San Francisco so  why not take this step challenge when it was suggested by a friend at the cousin's picnic this holiday weekend?
.



Cousin fest number 2

  However, I want to live through this challenge, so I better start to train by climbing some of the Pittsburgh city steps. My cousin found the longest steps in Pittsburgh  off of Howard street (371 steps) and some others.  Since he is an engineer, he figured out the stats from today. We walked 875 steps with elevation of 775 feet, walking  a distance of 1.1 miles.
(371)Longest steps -Rising Main Ave

It's a start and we will see if I make it to the Step- a- Thon but I am taking it one step at a time! Anyone want to join me?

 Spiritual Reflection

The steps of the godly are directed by the Lord. 
He delights in every detail of their lives.
Though they stumble, they will not fall, 
for the Lord holds them by the hand  (Psalms 37:23-24) 

Seek God's advice before you step out and he will guide you to safety. 





 
Other Sources


Register for the Step- a- Thon-https://register.chronotrack.com/reg/form?eventID=9543

 Fineview trail -https://www.facebook.com/FinviewFitnessTrail