Saturday, August 30, 2014

Day 50 Swinging a Golf Club




I have to call it “swinging a club” because I am not sure if my actions at the driving range could be classified as golfing. Many years ago, I used to occasionally go golfing.  I have golf shoes and clubs, however I have not had time to play in years.  Maybe I was  “thinking big,” as Little Golden Books recommends, but I thought that I might try to start playing this sport again.


Reflection
Golfing is not like riding a bike where you never forget how to do it. I was rusty and my friend gave me so many tips that  after awhile  I ,“felt like a twisted pretzel swinging a sledge hammer.”  I was trying to remember to: keep my head down, keep my eye on the ball, hold club this way, not bob my head, hit ball in the middle of the club, swing down on ball, not move hips, hold my arms this way, etc.  At least I hit the ball straight!

I am not sure there are enough hours in my life to get good at this but I am not one to back down from a challenge. My  son  was on the golf team in high school so I have some incentive to keep trying.  

Spiritual Reflection
Then Asa cried out to the Lord his God, “O Lord, no one but you can help the powerless against the mighty! Help us, O Lord our God, for we trust in you alone. It is in your name that we have come against this vast horde. O Lord, you are the God; do not let mere men prevail against you!” ( 2 Chronicles 14:11)

 Asa was facing a battle against a mighty army. God helps us face battles that we can’t possibly win.