Sunday, August 24, 2014

Day 47 Chainsaw




Enjoying a bonfire with some friends gave me the opportunity, as  recommended by Little Golden Books,  to “learn something new.” In  my  new journey, striving to be self sufficient in all things is a continual goal and   so I jumped at the opportunity to learn how to cut up the wood and start my own fire!

Reflection
Building a bonfire or fire in general for that matter, always seemed to be reserved for the person in the crowd with the testosterone.  In  my experience,  men just love to build fires. Using the chainsaw was a little scary because I am certainly not the Paul Bunyan type of girl but with a little help, I cut some wood for our fire! Now I have a supply and I am ready for my own fire!

Fall is a great time to sit around a fire and relax and enjoy friends. It’s also a feeling of accomplishment to help  build it too!

Spiritual Refection
We all make many mistakes, but those who control their tongues can also control themselves in every other way (James 3:2).

I cut top wood
So also the tongue is a small thing, but what enormous damage it can do. Any tiny spark can set a great forest on fire. And the tongue is a flame of fire. It is full of wickedness that can ruin your whole life. It can turn the entire course of your life into a blazing flame of destruction, for it is set on fire by hell itself (James 3:5-6). Sometimes it praises the Lord and Father, and sometimes it breaks out in curses against those who have been made in the image of God. And so blessings and cursing come pouring out of the same mouth. Surely, my brothers and sisters this is not right! (James 3:9-10)
 I  strive to use my words to uplift others not destroy like a flame.