Thursday, August 21, 2014

Day 46 Fishing




I have never been one to go fishing.  Fishing  just seemed too much like a low energy sport and I am not good at waiting for something to happen. I am more  of a “make it happen” type of person. Little Golden Books reminds us to take a mental health day and since this a new journey- I tried fishing when I was in Columbus, Ohio.


 


Reflection
I guess it was the fact that the lake was stocked because the fish were really biting. It was not one of those “snail  in molasses”  type of fishing days where you sit in a boat and the sun beats on your head for hours.  These little fish (I have no idea what kind) were taking the bait. I have to admit that I was really excited when I caught one. I felt the adrenalin  pumping when  I reeled it in.  I only caught one because the three (3) other times the fish got way but  I did it!  However, I still have not graduated to putting the worm on the hook or taking the fish off the hook.

Fishing is a  " maybe"  in my survival tool box but it's a "yes" when I am  in Columbus, Ohio with my friend Kellie.
Talking to the fish

 Spiritual Reflection
One day as Jesus was walking along the shore beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers-Simon, also called Peter, and Andrew- fishing with a net, for they were commercial fishermen. Jesus called out to them, "Come be my disciples, and I will show you how to fish for people!" and they left their nets at once and went with him. (Mat 4:18-20)

It's a process to be ready and "go" when God calls you to help do his work.

Other Sources
Pittsburgh Information on Fishing http://www.popularpittsburgh.com/pittsburgh-info/pittsburgh-sportsandrec/fishing.aspx

10 Fishing spots in Pittsburgh- http://pittsburgh.about.com/od/fishing/tp/favorite_spots.htm

Fishing downtown http://forums.fishusa.com/Message/512811-Fishing-near-downtown-Pittsburgh/