Monday, August 25, 2014

Day 48 Rodeo



(Please Read Day 1  if this your first blog Visit)

Everything I Need to Know I Learned from a Little Golden Book  invites us to “play hard”. I think a Rodeo fits in that category.  I have always loved horses. I used to ride English saddle and I  have been to horse shows and polo matches but for this challenge I was  ready to “cross over the tracks”
and go western at the North Washington Rodeo.

 
Reflection
I was in podunk city somewhere very north east of Pittsburgh. It was a real Rodeo with cowboys and cowgirls all over the place and a lot of trucks in the parking lot.  A Rodeo is strikingly patriotic, starting with a prayer, our national anthem, and then special dedication(s) to service men.  


I felt childlike excitement as I waited for it to start. The first completion was bronco busting and the  first cowboy was bucked off and out cold! The nurse in me was thinking “HE HAS A CONCUSSION, they should wear helmets and not cowboy hats!” 
Bronco Busting

They had barrel races, calf roping, calf wresting, team roping, and bull riding. This is a yearly event and I am ready to go back next year!

Bull Riding
I also got to hold a Henry Golden Boy rifle. Annie  Oakley step aside!


Spiritual Reflection

So they camped or traveled at the Lord’s command, and they did whatever the Lord told them through Moses. (Numbers 9:23).
God wants to lead us and we are to follow because Gods ways are perfect.

Other Sources
North Washington Rodeo http://www.nwvfd.com/rodeo/