Thursday, July 31, 2014

Day 29-30-Cousin Fest/ RV Park


(Please see Day 1, "Why this Blog" if this is your first visit)
Accept yourself and the  uniqueness in others.
My  blog inspiration, Everything I Need to Know I Learned from a Little Golden Book and Maslow's theory, both apply to “Cousin Fest”.  Golden Books reminds us to “break bread together.” In Maslow’s theory obtaining social needs or a  sense of belonging, is 3rd from the top of his ascending pyramid to reach  self - actualization.

HOW MANY COUSINS FIT IN RV?

Answer=9cousins


Therefore, when  my cousins from Eastern Pennsylvania (see Day 12) decided to pay me a visit with their RV and requested driveway space and an electrical outlet, I took no offense in serving as their RV park. I thought it would be a great opportunity for a new experience. I decided, 1) to serve as an RV park and  2) to unite and reunite, the cousins from the east with the ones from the west  and to have a  pot luck dinner, hereinafter "cousin fest. "
Reflection
 Cousin fest was a great time for my son to experience stories from our family past and what better way to do that than with food.  When you get a bunch of Italians together you usually get “animated dialogue”  and some laughs.  I learned  that two cousins have starred in how to videos: from the east we have, “How to Husk Corn” and from the west, “How to Grow Grapes ".  I guess using social media runs in the family or maybe they are just trying to keep up with my blog.  



It is ok allow your cousins to sleep in your driveway and don’t wait for a wedding or a  funeral to get your extended  family together.  Accepting yourself and others uniqueness is part of  self actualization.
Spiritual Reflection
Dear friends, lets us continue to love one another, for love comes from God. Anyone who loves is born of God and knows God. But anyone who does not love does not know God-for God is love.
(1 John 4:7)