Thursday, July 17, 2014

Day 16 Croquet, Food and Champagne


(Please see Day 1 if this is your first blog visit)
In my new challenge quest, I discovered that  The Frick Art and Historical Center had a specal  croquet event today –how perfect!  So off I went to an evening of croquet on the Frick lawn. 
Reflection
When I think of croquet the scene from  Alice and Wonderland pops into my head but there was no screaming Queen of Hearts in my group and everyone kept their head. To avoid being totally inept before I went, I viewed a “how too” U-tube video. However it did not help because I still came in second to the last.
 I often thought of croquet as a cross between golf and putt-putt. Croquet was harder that it looked but luckly for me, my group was not taking the game to seriously. They even let me make up a new rule-  “if your ball  hits  the wicket you get another try.” I am sure that this rule would have prompted the US Croquet Association to yell- off with her head.  
        It was a perfect cool evening  and the sky was a brilliant blue.  With the Frick mansion in the background, I felt like a “somebody” holding a glass of champagne and playing croquet. The event put perfect strangers together  just to have fun and  when you think about it, everyone  is a somebody.  It was everyone’s  inviting and lighthearted attitude that made it a perfect evening. 

 
                       Oh and  I even got to play with a debonair “Ashton Kutcher.”  (wink)
Spiritual Reflection
for I have learned how to get along happily whether I have much or little. I know how to live on almost nothings or with everything. (Philippians 4:11-12).
It’s the attitude about the circumstance that makes the difference. A content attitude is routed in the relationship with the Lord.  
Other Sources