Monday, July 14, 2014

Day 13, Kayak and look up


Day 10, Challenge-Kayak  and look  up
(Please see Day 1 if this is your first visit)

Little Golden Books recommend  that we “exercise and take the time to look up.” Today’s challenge is a peaceful kayak day. I have kayaked before but my experiences have been in rough water.  When ocean kayaking in the past  I had high hopes of seeing all kinds of fish. However,  I did not see flipper, turned green from the waves, and I had to leave the group to find relief on the sand.  I also have kayaked several times in the river which is great until you go against the current, then you feel like  your  in one of those TV commercials for a home swim spa. So this time I am going to something new-  kayaking in a  local lake.

*Blogging integrity requires that I reveal that I went a  few days ago.  

 
Reflection

In the past,  when I had kids with me,  it could be “exhausting just trying to make your kids happy.” (a so true quote from another  Cyrano De Bergerac friend). Today there was no: mom I’m hungry, mom I’m am tired, mom I’m  bored. There was nothing but glimmering water, sun,  magnificent clouds and the lady doing yoga on a water board.( It had to be a peaceful to be able to do yoga in the middle of the lake.) My one hour kayaking day turned into three hours.   
You can get exercise and peace at the same time and you don’t have go far to do it. I recommend going to a local lake (North Park for me) and enjoying the water. It’s a different perspective of the world from the water. I will do this again for sure especially because my cousin has five  kayaks and I am trying to think of a good trade to  get one of them!  
Spiritual  Reflection
The Lord is my shepherd; I have everything I need.
He lets me rest in green meadow; he leads me beside peaceful streams. … (Psalm 23)
Other sources