Friday, July 11, 2014

Day 10 Brewery and Ice cream












Please see Day 1-"Why this" blog if this is your first visit)

This short but “sweet” challenge is the result of my fatigue  from a  long car drive  to Philly area.
Ice-cream  made by a beer company?  This introduction  was made by my cousins from Eastern Pennsylvania.  What better way to follow the Little Golden Books  prompt to  “Treat yourself” than with ice cream and of course ice cream is a basic food group to me and food is a basic need on Maslow’s scale.  

The beer company, Yuengling,  made ice cream during the prohibition and they just started to do it again.  I have to clearify that the Yuengling brewery is run by Dick Yuengling and his daughters, Jennifer and Wendy, and the ice cream business is run by David Yungling. How about that, they are second cousins. 



 I don’t know what qualifies someone as a connoisseur but I eat a lot of the stuff.   This was the best ice-cream that I ever had. I loved the Black and Tan, no the Rootbear, no the Chocholate Fudge -no give  me all three! It was so good that all  five of us sat around the table slurping  it up  like cats in a bowl of milk. My mother asked for "seconds" three times and I almost licked the bowl. Do they have this stuff in Pittsburgh?
Reflection
Funny how things in life often make a full circle. Yuengling is back to making ice-cream.   I  would break out  and sing the  “Circle of Life” from Disney’s’ Lion King if I could.
Spiritual  Reflections
All your life you will sweat to produce food, until your dying day. Then you will return to the ground from which you came. For you were made from dust and to the dust you will return. Gen 3:19
Other sources