Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Day 113 Stage AE




My Blog inspiration book,  Everything I Need to Know I learned From A Little Golden Book,  says that we should “make music a part of [our] life”. This is something that I have always tried to do as in: Day 56- Banjo Night, Day 15-Change It Up Jazz,  Day 58-Black Keys, and Day 101-Pittsburgh Pops, Chris Botti. However, for this new challenge, I tried tried a new  music venue, Stage AE on the Pittsburgh North Shore.


Kishi Bashi

Reflection
Concerts at Stage  AE  are  more intimate and the place has  an eclectic band line up.On a whim my friend and I decided to go on a Friday and thus I  also explored “ new artists,” or at least  they were new to me! 
Guster with Kishi Bashi
You may have to stand the entire time but you are much closer and the ticket cost is a lot less  to be close than at a Heinz Field concert.  It  was not too crowded so we had  our own little space too! At Stage AE I heard Kishi Bashi, Guster and My Morning Jacket   for the first time but I was a fan by the end of  each evening. I even got a Guster tea shirt- another first! 

Kishi Bashi
Maybe I am just not “hip” because I haven't heard of a lot of the bands that play   here  but this venue  has been an excellent place to  experience good music. I haven't been disappointed yet, although the last show, My Morning Jacket, was a bit too loud. (Stage AE line up). The tickets prices are not  out of control and some concerts are outside which is always a bonus on a clear warm summer night in Pittsburgh. 
My Morning Jacket
Spiritual Reflection  
 I will sing to the Lord because he has been so good to me. (Psalm 13:6) 
May the words of my mouth and thoughts of my heart be pleasing to you,
O' Lord, my rock and my redeemer.   (Psalm 9:14)