Sunday, June 7, 2015

Day 112 Tea Time

 I have loved the idea of  having a "tea party" ever since I got my first tea cup at a garage sale for a dollar. Since then I have managed to collect over 20 tea cups.  I am not sure why, but the tea taste better in them. I don't really know much about the etiquette for an English afternoon tea but it  seems like a good excuse to "Just hang out" with friends as my blog inspiration,  Everything I Learned I Learned from a Little Golden Book, recommends. So I dusted off the cups, found some lacy linens, picked some flowers from my yard, searched my boxes for a three tiered dish,  and invited five dear friends to an afternoon tea.



Reflection
I think we all should  use our china and "fancy" stuff more often. (I had an Italian childhood flash back to the fancy towels in the bathroom that we were never permitted to use.) When you use your "best stuff" you feel special, like royalty.


Tea time was is great way to reconnect with friends. We had green, maple, berry and vanilla tea which were so smooth and flavorful with or without the honey spoons that my girlfriend brought. The menu consisted of egg salad, fruit, hummus and chocolates,   rum cookies, eclairs  and cheese cake for desert. yummy!

I think this will be a yearly event.  The English do it right. If you don't have time to pull it together at  home, you can sign up for the high tea at the Terrace Room at the William Penn Hotel.

Spiritual Reflection
Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses. (Proverbs 27:10)
A friend's advice is more valuable even if its not what you want to hear because they have your  best interest at heart.