Saturday, June 13, 2015

Day 114 Blue Grass, Pgh Arts Festival




Elephant Revival
In my quest of new adventures, I  thoroughly enjoyed two Blue Grass Bands, Elephant Revival and Railroad  Earth at the Pittsburgh Three Rivers Arts Festival. I am now really expanding my music experiences. As  in Day 113 -Stage AE,  I continue to “make music apart of my life” – a life recommendation  from my blog inspiration, Everything I Learned I Learned From a Little Golden Book.


Refection
There is nothing better than listening to  music on a beautiful evening and  it’s even better when you like the band and it’s  all  free. You can experience both with the music line up at the Pittsburgh Arts festival. (I really  can’t vouch for the weather because historically it rains for  two weeks straight when Pittsburgh has its arts festival but I am glad for the fluke span of good weather so far this year.)


It was the perfect night that drew me to the music but I was pleasantly surprised  how much I enjoyed the blue grass sound of both Elephant Revival and Railroad Earth last Saturday. Blue Grass is happy music and Elephant Revival had an indie sound (listen). They also played all kinds of crazy instruments   like a wash board and a saw, which produced unique rhythms and made them  fun to watch. 

Railroad Earth
Railroad Earth's lead singer (listen) had a unique voice which was more melodic,  but sounded a little like  Bob Dylan. The musicians were fantastic. The guy left of the singer with the hat, amazed me by playing, banjo, guitar, slide guitar, saxophone, key boards, piccolo and other stuff I can't remember.  I kept thinking,
"what is this guy going to pick up next!”
 
Blue grass is fun to watch and the crowd it draws is fun too!  Both these bands were great so go try it a little blue grass this summer  and try some of the great bands at the Festival. What do you have to lose it's all free!
Spiritual Refection
...let the Holy Spirit  fill and control you. Then you will sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, making music to the Lord in your heart. (Ephesians 5:18-19)

Other Sources
Three Rivers Arts Festival  http://www.3riversartsfest.org/
Elephant Revival http://elephantrevival.com/
Listen to Elephant Revival
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3fbaevo0bY