Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Day 103 Whaley House-Ghost




Whaley House
(Blog integrity dictates the admission that this ghost experience occurred in January during my trip to  San Diego.)
I believe in good and evil spirits but not in ghosts. As  I noted in Day 78 Scare House ,  I am a chicken when it comes to scary movies.  Therefore, I have no idea why I decided  to check out the Whaley House, the “most haunted house in the United States”, according to Travel Channel’s America's Most Haunted .    I love history and this house had a lot of history. It was built in 1856 and from 1868 to 1871 it served as the Whaley residence, a commercial theater, a county courthouse and a General store.  It's  located in historic Old Town so even though  I was more interested in the history,  for this new challenge I ventured  to a supposedly “real haunted house.”


Image of man on left side of bed
Reflection
Maybe it was because I was so skeptical  and  verbal  about  my disbelief that  I got my paranormal picture!  I freaked out when I reviewed my pictures  that evening.  To my surprise I saw a  ghost like  man on the left side of the bed in the children’s room. He was complete with a hat and buttoned coat and looked like a guy from the 1800’s. Who knows  maybe he was  Mr. Whaley, or the man that was hung where the house was built,  or just a supporter of  my venture of new experiences, but there is something  in my picture!
Children's Room at Whaley House

 I laughed when my friend pointed out that  ghosts are always from the “olden times”.  He asked,"why  are there  no stories about  a modern ghost or one from the 80's?" 

 I am not sure what  popped into my picture. Maybe  the image  was  just there for the purpose of challenging the idea  that only concrete things  are real. It's strange nonetheless and  I hope that I don't see any more or I will be sleeping with the light on for a long time. 
Spiritual Refection
But when the Father sends the Counselor as my representative-and by the Counselor I mean the Holy Spirit-he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I myself have told you. I am leaving you with a gift-peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give isn’t like the peace the world gives… (John 12:26-27).

Other Sources
Whaley House Museum http://www.whaleyhouse.org/
America’s Most Haunted series 6 Episode 16 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57GrGWMQ6ms