Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Day 104 Skiing Again




Seven Springs

When you live in the north you have to find something to do outside in the winter or you’ll turn into a tomato  from eating  all winter  long.  I had not skied  much in the last few yeardue to other peoples  knee issues  but as an empty nester,  I thought that I would  make an effort to  try it again. Everything I Need to Know I Learned From a Little Golden Book reminds us to, “exercise every day” and since winter hibernation would be the antithesis of that, I made an effort to try to get back on the slopes.

 
skiing with my son at 4 years of age

Reflection
I used to have a real passion for skiing and even started my son skiing at age four (4).  I was worried that my lack of skiing in the last few years would result  in me rolling down the hill like a snow ball  embarrassing me in front of my friend who claimed to have gone 58 miles an hour down a mountain out west.  Like riding a bike it all came  back! 

conquered it !
There is something so rewarding  about conquering your fears and making it  to the  bottom of the mountain. A good day of skiing is like a  celebration!  You compete with yourself when you ski and when you fall you just get up again and start over.  The best part is that "ski people" are happy people.  They are either relaxing by the fire, laughing at themselves because of a good wipe out, or  reminiscing about a good run down the mountain.  

If you don’t ski I say take a lesson and give it try. I am going to keep on skiing but  with a helmet now!
Spiritual Reflection.
 Fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God:
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand (Isaiah 41:10)

Other sources
Seven Springs Resort http://www.7springs.com/
Maslow's theoryhttp://www.simplypsychology.org/maslow.html