Sunday, November 2, 2014

Day 78 Scare House




I am one of those “chickens” that do not watch scary movies. The few times that I have watched a scary movie was with my teenage son because I was desperate to have some time with him.  (I am not sure why  all teenagers seem to love horror flicks).  However, I had to sleep with the hall light on for a week after each movie and so  going to a haunted house was a huge challenge for me. I am not sure how my friend talked me into going but I was told that it  was  “good creepy” fun so I pretended to be brave and went to Scare House on Halloween night.  

 

Reflection
I was surprised how much I enjoyed it!  I loved the theatrics of it all and  I was mesmerized  by the 3D rooms. I felt like I was on  a good horror movie set. I think my love for theater helped give me an appreciation for the actors who stayed in character in each room.   Yes there were moments when  I jumped or screamed in response to a  zombie or creepy  thing popping  out  at me but that was part of the fun -to laugh at myself.  I kept my eye open the entire  time and at the end  I felt that maybe my “chicken days” are behind me.  
Spiritual Reflection     
I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me, freeing me from all my fears.  (Psalms 34:4)

Other Sources
Scare House http://www.scarehouse.com/