Monday, February 16, 2015

Day 102 The Chicago Hotdog in Pittsburgh-D's


Ever since  my visit to Chicago (Day 85), I have been craving a Vienna beef dog  with dill pickles, tomatoes, spicy sport peppers and mustard but no ketchup, otherwise known as the Chicago Dog. Since this is the “month of love” thanks to Valentine’s Day, I thought  that for this challenge I would search  Pittsburgh for my culinary love- the Chicago hotdog.



Reflection
On Valentine’s day my search ended at  D's .  You might be thinking that this is not very romantic  but finding something  that you’ve been craving  and having fun doing it, is much better than romantic in my book. Just  like Bicycle Heaven (Day 4), this place was  hotdog heaven!  Not only did they have my beloved Chicago dog but they had a whole list of crazy hotdog combos that tasted great. I tried the Hot Valentine (with sweet potato fries, and siracha slaw) and the  Mason Dixon (with chili, and coleslaw) and my  Chicago dog was perfect. I think that it might have even been better than the one I had in the  windy city!  Yum, Yum, Yum.

This place was not fancy but the staff was super friendly, attentive,  and  everyone seemed to be having a great time dining. Maybe it’s because Di’s  also had  a lot of crazy beers to match the crazy dogs.  My friend who loves the belief of  Bigfoot, (see Day 62 the Bigfoot Museum),  enjoyed  a  Great Divide Yeti beer.

 I now know were to go in Pittsburgh when I get  a craving for a taste of  Chicago, -D's.


Spiritual Reflection
How sweet are your words to my taste; they are sweeter than honey. (Psalm 119: 103)

Other  Sources