Monday, November 3, 2014

Day 79- Elmo and Cookie Monster Pumpkins


Who doesn't love cookies!

(Got to smile back at that) 

I was going  to a pumpkin carving party and since I am no Martha Stewart  and since in the past I left the carving to others, I solicited ideas  that would involve minimal carving from my co-workers. I am not one for scary things even though the day before(Day 78) I went to the Scare House.  Therefore as  Everything I Needed to Know I  Learned from A Little Golden Book instructs, I “expressed myself "   by creating my Elmo and Cookie Monster pumpkins.
 

 


Reflection
A Muppet  themed pumpkin was perfect for this puppet loving girl. I still have the puppets that I used in children’s theater back in high school. I  love Oscar, Cookie Monster, and Elmo and I must admit that I see  all the Muppet movies.( Who doesn't love those Muppet smiles.)

Plus how easy can you get? This idea has minimal cutting, just a mouth. Then by adding some styrofoam for eyes and a mouth you got an adorable creation that will last and that big and little kids (like me) just love!

There was  tough competition  at the party.  I  even tried to bribe votes by stuffing the Cookie Monster  pumpkin with chocolate chip cookies. I was still  happy to come in 3rd since this was my very first solo creation and  they were so fun to make especially since an adorable little boy helped me with Elmo.   
The mummy on the far left was the winner!
Spiritual Reflection
Just as we clean out the seeds from a pumpkin when we carve it. God cleans out sin from our heart.

Search me O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my thoughts.
Point out anything in me that offends you, 
and lead me on the path of everlasting life (Psalm 139:23-24)