Sunday, January 1, 2017

Day 185 Celebrate Something. A New Year at the Baja Grill


It’s hard to believe that I have been trying new things and  blogging since  July 1, 2014 (see Day 1). It’s been a fun Journey with  new  places, relationships, activities and things (See summaries Day 31  and 61). More importantly it’s been a way  to continue to celebrate life. Life will always  have  ups and downs but it can  be a celebration when there is an attempt to keep  some type of forward  trajectory.  For me, and I guess for  those of you who enjoy reading this blog, trying something new is a way to keep some forward momentum.   Therefore, this year I wanted to go out and CELEBRATE the New Year. Some friends and I did just that at the Baja Grill with a little Abba from the band Dancing Queen!



Dancing Queen

Reflection
Going out on the eve of a new year is new for me.  I  often go out for a nice dinner, share a bottle of wine and  watch the ball drop on TV . I should say that I wake up when the ball is dropping. This  New Year's Eve I wanted to do more to celebrate since there was so much to be thankful for this year. 



The Baja Grill  offered an impressive spread of food and Dancing Queen, is just that, a dance band.  With the right attitude and friends, you can really celebrate any place. The  Baja had a diverse crowd  and the dance floor was big  for our gang to dance. It is on the river so I imagine it's even better in the summer. They have bands almost every weekend (see Entertainment Schedule ).


So I say just get out and celebrate something/anything once in a while with some food and dance. 

Happy New Year!  I can’t wait to see what we will find new in 2017!

Spiritual Reflection
What that means is that those who become Christians become new persons. They are not the same anymore, for the old life is gone. A new life has begun! (2 Corinthians 6:17-18)

Other Sources