Thursday, September 24, 2015

Day 137 Death Cab For Cutie/Go outside at Stage AE

Death Cab For Cutie/Stage AE
I have a friend (my music consultant) that has challenged my musical experiences by  introducing me to bands that I have never heard of but now really like (See Day 58- Black KeysDay 113-Stage AE).  Death Cab For Cutie is another one of those bands.  My blog book inspiration, reminds us that, "Magic is  something we can make ourselves! Start with a friend,..(and) add music and dancing”(from Everything I Need to Know I Learned From a Disney Golden Book). Thus trying new bands and  trying a new outside venue, especially on a warm night, is a continued empty- nest plan.



Concert Sunset 
Reflection
When you have a week of  warm  summer like nights in Pittsburgh,  an outside concert at Stage AE is the perfect place to be.   I just love this newly discovered venue where you can see  interesting bands up close, and not at “ break your piggy bank” prices. (My music consultant said that a lot of these bands  sell out big venues in LA or Chicago  thus you would be far far away from the band, sitting in seats triple the price). I guess we have a gem here with Stage AE.



I am not sure if it was the perfect weather, company, or sound and  lyrics of  the music, but  all the elements were aligned  for  a perfect night. Death Cab For Cutie  has a slight dark mood to some of their songs (Black Sun) and some with great introduction instrumentals (I Will Possess Your Heart). 



My favorite and the most moving song  was the acoustic, I Will Follow You Into The Dark. Everyone  broke into song with this one. The lyrics,"Love of mine, someday you will die but I'll be close behind, I'll follow you into dark.."   reminded me of my grandparents who passed away on the exact same date a year apart. I started to tear up even though I just loved the song!


If you can, try to catch Death Cab For Cutie in concert (tour) or another outside show at Stage AE. On a warm night, it is truly magical.

Spiritual Reflection
Even when I walk through the valley of death,
 I will not be afraid, for you are close behind me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.
(Psalm 24:4)
While we live, we live to please the Lord. And when we die, we go to be with the Lord. So in life and death, we belong to the Lord (Romans 14:8)

Other Sources 
I Will Follow You into the Dark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoR0mGq_z2I
 I Will Follow You into the Dark with Lyic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDHY1D0tKRA