Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Day 129 Mt Washington, 2015 Blue Moon




My picture from Mt. Washington, Pittsburgh
I love the moon especially, when it shines like a big ball as in  August 2014, when we had a “Super Moon” (see Day 39), and when recently we had a “Blue Moon,” which is the second of  two  full moons in the same month.  This does not happen again until 2018! Therefore, I jumped at the invitation to watch the sunset with my friend above the city on Mt Washington.

Pittsburgh Sunset from Mt. Washington

Reflection
The moon is a symbol of love and romance and my favorite children’s book by Eric Carle, “Papa Please Get The Moon For Me.”  Pittsburgh has many unique places to view it because of the city's many hills and overlooks.  The elevation of Mt. Washington makes Pittsburgh one of  the  most picturesque  places that I know, even more so than San Francisco,( at least to me). 

It was a picture perfect night with the temperature in 80’s. The moon looked like a  bright ball or star  in my pictures and it lit up the evening. (I do not have a fancy camera to get  a  moon image so click here for some images.)

This moon and perfect night was a reminder of how “love lives in simple and happy times” as stated in my blog inspiration book, Everything I Need to Know About Love, I Learned From A Little Golden Book.   So remember to enjoy the next full  moon (full moon dates), and if you're in Pittsburgh, take a drive to the top of the mountain to enjoy the beauty and get " Moonstruck"!

My picture that night
Spiritual Reflection
O Lord, our Lord, the majesty of your name fills the earth!                                                                          
Your glory is higher than the heavens….

When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers- the moon and the stars you have set in place. (Psalm 8:1 and 3)

Other  Sources
Eric, Carl,Papa Please Get the Moon For Me, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBEQN_2TM-s