Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Day 109 Sunshine-Florida



Florida Sunshine


In Pennsylvania, it seems like clouds and rain trump over sun.  The result is green foliage but the lack of sun can give rise to the “blues” and for some, the fight against “seasonal affective disorder .”  So I thought that I would speed up my exposure to sunshine by   going south to Florida this spring. I haven’t   done this since   my college crazy spring break days but I had an invitation and with nothing holding me back, off I went. 


Sunshine on a stroll
Reflection
It seems like every day in Florida is bright and colorful.  My blog inspiration, the book, Everything I Need to Know I Learned From a Little Golden Book , directs us to  take the time and “look up”.  Thus  I took  many walks,  enjoyed the warmth of the sun and soaked it all  in like a sponge. As the shorter days of winter are passed,   I am looking forward to the  brightness of spring, walking more and  getting out of hibernation. 

Of course in Florida I was feeling cheerful and energetic. Now home, I am  I trying to keep that momentum  going as the season changes in Pittsburgh by walking and if  it's raining, then walking  on my treadmill. 

I can’t always go to Florida but I can remember to start taking in the sunshine. 

Florida sunshine pool side
Spiritual Reflection
But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, then the veil is taken away. ..And all of us have that veil removed so that we can be mirrors that brightly reflect the glory of the Lord. And as the Spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more and more like him and reflect his glory even more. (2 Corinthians 3: 16,18,19).
Other Sources: