Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Day 81 Give in to a Good Cry



Little Golden Book "About God" 1956

My son is sick and he is seven ( 7) hours away.  I am looking at the mess in the spare room, boxes in the game room, the papers stacked on the table and I am asking “ how am I going to clean this house,  get the decorations and lights up, and cook the perfect dinner in two weeks. How am I going to have the perfect holiday. It's hopeless!”  On top of that I am starting to feel a scratch in my throat, a drip in my nose and a cough starting. But - MY SON IS REALLY SICK AND HE IS SEVEN HOURS AWAY.  It is now time to cry!


Refection
We gear up to  a  hyper speed  in an effort  to have a  Norman Rockwell picture perfect holiday.  There seems to always be “a something” that gets in our way and  whatever “it” is seems amplified when you are trying to accomplish the impossible.  So as Little Golden Books suggests, “Give in to a good cry. You'll feel better afterwards." 

I tried it and somehow  the worry cobwebs cleared out of  my brain! One day later, my house is cleaner and my sick son is coming home to heal. So what if my holiday ends up   more like a Seinfeld  episode than a  Lifetime movie! 

Other Sources
O Israel, how can you say the Lord does not see your troubles? How can you say God refuses to hear your case? Have you never heard or understood? Don’t you know that the Lord is the everlasting God, The Creator of the earth? He never grows  faint or weary. No one can measure the depths of this understanding. He gives power to those who are tired and worn out; he offers strength to the weak. Even youths will become exhausted and young men will give up. But those who wait on the Lord will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. The will walk and not faint. (Isaiah 40:27-31)