Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Day 35 Phipps Conservatory


Outdoor Garden

Be thankful for the beauty and life found in nature.  

Everything I Need to Know I Learned from A Little Golden Book reminds  us to “savor the seasons as they roll around”.  In Maslow’s theory  appreciation and the search for beauty are part of the “esteem needs”  on the ascending pyramid that reaches  self-actualization or obtaining  peak experiences.   I observed beauty in nature and  savored the summer season by walking though Phillps Conservatory's summer flower show.

Reflection
I have been to Phipps several times but not for the summer show. It is funny how you notice something new each time in the 14 rooms. I seem to like the desert room best since a cactus is the only plant that I have kept alive longer than a year. Mine is going on 10 years! During this visit I also discovered  air plants since I have my own little plant at home thanks to the nice fair lady in Day 6.    



Air plants on the right of this picture- Serpentine Room


A good friend said it well, "when you go to Phipps you are reminded that everything is so alive.”  I hope you enjoy the life in these pictures which are better than my words.  
Cactus is a big as me!
Palm Court Tropical plants with Chiculy glass
  

Broderie  room
 
Victora Room with train

Desert Room with Chihuly glass

Spiritual Reflection
From Mount Zion, the perfection of beauty, God shine in glorious radiance. (Psalm 50:2)
 Other Sources
 Phipps Conservatory  http://phipps.conservatory.org/