Monday, July 28, 2014

Day 27-Enjoy The Ride


(Please see Day 1 "Why this Blog" if this is your first visit)

Giving up the car wheel on a trip and being the passenger while your child drives was this challenge. I have driven the entire duration on two trips this summer.  I am not sure what happens when you child turns 18 that makes them the driving expert. Their one year experience or less, makes them think that they are ready to start their own driving school. Can I get a witness here!
My son often quotes state driving  rules and  points out that I am not in compliance.  I guess it’s so fresh in their  mind because they JUST TOOK THE TEST! So this time I said, “if you can do it better you drive.”

 
Reflection
 At first my stomach felt all squished  together but then I was able to relax and it was really nice to not  drive. I have to say that he did a great job. He threw away my map quest directions and used his  phone GPS and got us right to our destination.   
I can relate to the  guy in the commercial that gives driving instructions to his daughter before she drives away to college. In the commercial, he is talking to a little girl which is his image of this grown daughter. Well, my little guy is growing up and a good driver-so going forward I am going to enjoy the ride!

Spiritual Reflection
 For I know the plans I have for you” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11
 God is in control and his plans are perfect. He will keep you safe.