Monday, July 21, 2014

Day 20-Paradoxical Shopping Spree




(Please read Day 1 if this is your first visit to the blog.)
Today I am not really empty nesting because my child will be here tonight! However my new challenge today was shopping for college dorm stuff.  
Reflection
Who does not like to shop. You get that temporary “high” buying new stuff and it’s so fun just to keep putting stuff in the cart. I have a good reason to go on a spree, “my child needs that for school.”  
Then you start thinking, “my child needs that for school;  he will be 6 hours way;  he is going to school; he will be 6 hours away.”  You then look over the list on line, or your neighbor or friends ask "Did you get ...."  Hundreds of dollars later you realize that you still need a bunch more stuff! 
Oh well, I still like to shop.  
Anyone have a good list?
Spiritual Reflection
Bring your (your children) up in the training and admonition of the Lord (Ephesians 6:4)
We send  our children out into the world with knowledge and training in the teachings of the Lord. Now we hope they use the background as they make their own way.
Other Sources