Sunday, December 7, 2014

Day 88 House of Blues Gospel Brunch (Chicago)




There is nothing more uplifting than  the praise and worship  music from a gospel choir.  My blog inspiration,the book, Everything I need to know About Christmas I Learned from a Little Golden Book, recalls that   Christmas brings “the gift of love.” Therefore I was excited to kick off the Christmas holiday by remembering the “reason for the season” at the House of Blues Gospel Brunch in Chicago.



Reflection
I associate  blues and jazz music with Chicago and the iconic House of Blues is a good place to experience it. I also love to eat, see Day 85 (Chicago's finest food), so by putting music and food together I reached the pinnacle of happiness.   I never saw so much good food. I especially enjoyed the waffles  with strawberries and whipped cream –yum yum yum!


The music  personally touched the root of the season-joy and love.  Christmas is a celebration of the greatest gift of love. Gospel singer, Kirk Franklin, hosts  the Gospel brunch and his story is an example of love.  After being abandoned by his mother, his aunt sold cans to pay for his  music lessons and after some hard times and the death of a friend,  he returned back to the church and his music roots to become a leading gospel  director and recording artist.   

I love this music  (Why We Sing, He's Able). During the gospel brunch I had a good flash back to  my  childhood when I attended the local Spanish  church  every weekend with my best friend.   I say try a little gospel music this holiday and celebrate the joy and love of the season! 

Spiritual Refection
 This is real love. It's is not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.  Dear friends, God loved us that much, we surely out to love each other. No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives  in us and his love has been brought  to full expression through us.(1 John 10-12).

 
Other Sources
Pittsburgh Gospel Choir http://www.pittsburghgospelchoir.org/