Monday, September 22, 2014

59 Try a Hat




Other than a baseball hat, a ski hat, or an occasional beach hat, I am usually hat-less. However, when my girlfriend met me for lunch looking so stunning in a black and white hat, I thought that for this challenge I would “try a new look” as Every Thing I Need to Know I Learned from a Little Golden Book suggested and add a hat. 


Before I could start to explore wearing hats, I had  find them. I found the same exact  hat that my friend wore  at Bebe a store at the mall and they also have many hats to order on line. I also found a fun web site, Village Hat Shop, where you can get  hat facts, hats in art, books on hats, and hats to order!

Reflection.
To wear a hat is a bit daring.  In Maslow's theory trying new things instead of sticking to safe paths is a way to reach self -actualization so I think I will try it.  Unlike the British who seem to be obsessed with them, you don’t see many people wearing hats in Pittsburgh.

A hat can complete your look and as one article  put it , “the right kind of hat can get you noticed”.  It’s a way to be creative, have fun, and a hat gives others a reason to approach you. Three (3) people approached us about that black and white hat during our lunch. I think that a hat makes a personal statement about you and with your new look, you don’t  fade into the woodwork but have the potential to shine. Be daring and try a hat!  

Spiritual reflection
 Don’t copy the behavior and customs of the this world, but let God
transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then  you will know what God wants you to do, and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is. (Romans 12:2)

A  hat can give you a new look but God  makes you a new  person, changing the way you think.

 Other Source
Village Hat Shop http://www.villagehatshop.com/