Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Day 58 Black Keys Concert




I continue to make “music a part of (my)  life” as Little Golden Books recommends. Even though I traded in the guitar sound for the Banjo in Day 56 and “changed up the music” to my beloved Jazz sound in Day 15 , I accepted an invitation to hear the Black Keys which I understood to be a very rock /guitar based two ( 2 ) man band.

Reflection

Frankly, I never heard of them before but after the concert I might be an emerging fan. They had a blues meets rock sound.  Just like Rush they made a lot of music for two guys. Many of the songs sounded familiar and that maybe because they licensed songs to a number of TV shows and commercials. (I think that is an  ingenious marketing move). I liked the energy of Gold on the Ceiling and apparently so did a lot of “pogoing” people standing around me on the floor.  I also was drawn to the repetitious guitar runs in Tighten Up.

Maybe  it was Dan Averbach’s  unique style of singing or my friend’s excitement for the group but it turned out to be  a great concert night! I would say give them a try (tour schedule).
Spiritual Reflection 

Music is a gift from God and brings joy to God as a form of  Praise. (Day 49 Festival of Hope )
Praise him for his acts of power;
  praise him for his surpassing greatness.
Praise hm with the sounding of the trumpet,
   praise him with the harp and lyre,
   praise him with timbrel and dancing,
   praise him with strings and pipe,
   praise him with the clash of cymbals,
   praise hm with resounding  cymbals. 
Let everything that breaths praise the Lord (
Psalm 150:2-6)                                                                              

Other Sources