Saturday, August 9, 2014

Day 38- Off to NYC?


NYC is one of my favorite places to go and I had a taste of it Friday Am while walking to meet a friend for breakfast ON THE NORTHSIDE of Pittsburgh! Yes it’s a movie set for the movie Southpaw about a boxer. Everything I Need to Know I Learned from a Little Golden Book suggests that we sometime daydream  so why  not pretend for a moment?
Maslow says a sense of humor is  part of being  self-actualized 
Reflection
Even thought I am definitely not a “star gazer”  this certainly was a new experience and it was fun to talk to the crew and learn how they do their magic. I was also interested to learn about their experiences with the “stars.” This movie brought Jake Gylenhall, Rachel McAdams, 50 Cent and a bunch of other actors to our city. I wondered if these people had time to experience all the great things that Pittsburgh has to offer?
 I guess a lot of movies are being filmed here (see Pittsburgh Film Office), so maybe you might want to be an extra or for fun  just check out the movie set. (I little bird told me that Vin Diesal will be filming here at the end of this month) You never know where your path might lead you- one minute your in Pittsburgh the next in NYC!
Spiritual Reflection
Your road led though the sea, your pathway through the mighty waters-a pathway no one knew  was there!
You lead your people along the road like a flock of sheep, with Moses and Aaron as their shepherds. (Psalm 77:19 and 20)
God can lead us on his path if we let him and lead us through our trials.
Other Sources
Southpaw  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1798684/
Project Casting Calls http://www.projectcasting.com/category/casting-calls-and-auditions/