Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Day 49 Festival of Hope





Song-Mighty to Save

I have been to all kinds of rock concerts but I have never ventured to a Christian/rock concert.  On my way home from my Purdue visit, a last min text united me with some friends at the Festival of Hope. Little Golden books reminds us to “give thanks” and this was a great way to give thanks with music. There were groups from  the Charlie Daniels Band to Michael W. Smith (listen) and Billy Graham's son, Franklin Graham spoke.

Michael W. Smith
Reflection
I always thought this type of thing would be to “churchy” for me but it did not feel like that at all. The atmosphere   looked like any other rock  concert  but the  energy was different. There was great music and for many, it was a way to be engulfed in the worship  of God.  It was an explosively positive celebration.
   

Spiritual Reflection
Large crowd followed Jesus as he came down the mountainside. Suddenly, a man with leprosy approached Jesus. He Knelt before him, worshiping, “Lord,” the man said, “if you want to , you can make me well gain.”
Jesus touch him, “I want to” he said. “Be Healed!” And instantly  the leprosy  disappeared. (Matthew 8:1-4)


When you come to God he restores and heals. 


Source

Might to Save - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKta3gXyC3I