Sunday, April 22, 2018

Day 277 Carnegie Science Center's Rangos Giant Cinema-Hollywood Experiences and 3D Films-Immersive


*The Carnegie Science Center’s Rangos Giant Cinema is literally a giant theater. They have started evening movies or “Hollywood Experiences” and also have 3D educational films. I recently viewed the  80’s iconic Prince film, Purple Rain  as part of the Hollywood Experiences and the 3D Amazon Adventure  that chronicles Henry Bates’ 11 year exploration of the Amazon rain forest. I have not viewed a movie on this mega  screen in many years but  was excited for an immersive experience!

       
                                 
Reflection
Purple Rain  
As a huge Prince fan and back in the day, a wanna be groupie, I recalled that his performances were always larger than life. A giant screen with high tech sound is the perfect place to experience a little,or should I say, gigantic Prince!



I had forgotten how much Prince exuded sexuality and how much I had missed listening to his music. On this powerful screen, I was fully immersed in his performance. Just like I had always wanted to be, I was at the club as Prince sang, "I Would Die for You", "I'm A Star", "Purple Rain", and more!



Amazon Adventure
The Amazon Adventure is a 3D movie that chronicles Henry Bates’ 11 year exploration of the Amazon rain forest. I was surprised to learn that this man spent his life studying the changes in animal species. This adventure was an amazing story of perseverance and dedication.



In 3D, the butterflies few near and the foliage was almost touchable. The movie takes you to the tropical world of the Amazon, absorbing you into Bates' story and wonders of the rainforest.

The Science Center is not just for kids. The 3D movies educate as they mesmerize and the evening "Hollywood Experience" gives some iconic/cult movies a new twist. 

 I will keep the Rangos Giant Cinema in my survival tool box as an enjoyable immersive experience in cinematography. For tickets  of upcoming movies go to  carnegiesciencecenter.org/rangos.

* Blog integrity requires me to admit that I am reposting this post from April 8th because I somehow deleted  this post which is a result of my limited computer knowledge.