Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Day 158 Purdue Visit

Dinner


 
 
 
My Blog inspiration book, Everything I Need to Know I Learned From A Little Golden Book ,reminds us to “Let  your children know you love them.”  That  is just what I did on my recent visit to Purdue University to see my son.
 



Reflection

Five loads at once!
 
It was a  long  drive, ( 7 hours each way) for a   few hours together!  When  I got  there I  went  into “mother” mode by cleaning, stocking the  refrigerator with food, and doing  laundry.  I should have just hung out with him but  it felt normal to do something for my son. Then after dinner  he said, “ If you don’t mind,  I would like to go out with my friends”.  I smiled,  and then I had a flash back to my college days and remembered that I did not want to spend that much time with my parents either. 
 

 
Purdue Sunset
 
He seems  older and more mature each time that I see him. Even so, I  will always say that  prayer for protection, that he will  make  wise choices, and that good people will continue to enter his path. On my ride home I started to reflect- “ we did not have enough time together.” I know it was enough time because his time is his own now.
 Spiritual Reflection
Under his direction... the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love (Ephesians 4:16)