Friday, January 29, 2016

Day 155 NBA Basketball/Utah Jazz vs Philadelphia 76ers




Jazz vs 76ers
I have never been much of a sports fan  but my friend continues to introduce me to sports. Like anything, familiarly brings comfort and I guess now I can say that I am merging into a fan! I think basketball might be on the top of the list.   Recently I experienced my first professional NBA basketball game in Salt Lake City Utah-Jazz vs 76ers.

Reflection

Pittsburgh is a sports town and  I have recently  tried  professional hockey, (Day 91-Pittsburgh Penguins) baseball, (Day 110-Pirates Spring Training), and football, (Day 95-Going to Steelers Game). However, Pittsburgh does not have a professional basketball team.  Watching NBA basketball was super exciting  because it's fast passed action with unbelievable shots! Maybe I liked it so much  because the arena had one of the   biggest screens ever! You could see every player's expression  and you  felt as if you were right in the game.   
I really did not have a favorite team. Since I love to dance, I liked  the name “Jazz” for team Utah, but  felt  that I should have some allegiance to 76er because I am from Pennsylvania. (I am sure that this reasoning  makes real sports fans cringe.) In any event, I was going to be happy no matter who won but I was  glad for the home town win for Utah!

I will defiantly go to another NBA game because they are so exciting and fast moving. I  might have to settle for a University of Pitt game though.    
Spiritual Reflection

Remember that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize. You also must run in such a way that you will win. All athletes practice strict self-control. They do to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. (1 Corinthians 10: 24,25)
Other sources

Philadelphia 76ers http://www.nba.com/sixers/#