Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Day 127 Cherry Picker




You never know where I will end up in my quest of trying new things!  I must admit that even I did not expect this one, but recently  I had the opportunity to ride up in a cherry picker used by the utility companies. My blog inspiration book, Everything I Need to Know  I Learned From a Little Golden Book recommends, “Look –up” and that’s  just what I did on this day. 






Reflection
This was better than an amusement park ride as I climbed 40 feet in the air. I could see over tall trees to view the river. It looked  scary from the ground  but it really was a smooth ride and  a lot of fun. I gained a new appreciation for the men/women that use these things to fix wires on our telephone poles. 

If it was not for the blog I am not sure that I would have asked to go up.  You might not have the opportunity to ride a cherry picker but I guess what I am saying is that don’t pass up an opportunity even if it seems scary, to try something different, outside of your comfort zone, or a little crazy.  Also don’t be afraid to ask ..you might find yourself on a cherry picker or something better!  


  
Spiritual Reflection
Keep on asking, and you will be given what you ask for. Keep on looking, and you will find. Keep on knocking and the door will be opened. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And the door is opened to everyone who knocks.  You parents-if your children ask for a loaf of bread, do you give them a stone instead? Or if they ask for a fish, do you give them a snake? Of course not! If sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him.” (Matthew 7:7-11)